Thursday, October 1, 2015

Worthy Enough To Be Happy

When good things happen do you question the reason?  Are you deprecating to the point where every upswing must be followed by an associated nadir? Is that how life works?  If my opinion is worth anything, life does not have it “in for you” as my Italian mother would say when I did something wrong.  No, you don’t have to anticipate a downswing – expectantly awaiting the drop like the down stroke of a roller coaster ride.
Why would you burden yourself with baggage such that you can’t or won’t relax until mean reversion occurs?  I know I’m always upbeat.  Right, and it’s always sunny in my sky.  If you open yourself to the universe natural goodness will flow your way.  There’s no way to countermand positivity unless you inflict a wound to remind yourself of the inevitable; which by the way, does not have to be inevitable.
And by the way, there is only one inevitable.  All other things are possibilities and potentialities but they do not have to be expected and [gasp] welcomed as if you deserve the bad if you are fortunate enough to experience the good.
Become addicted to positivity.  It’s okay to admit it.  Positivity is my drug of choice.  I will always seek the positive when negativity is determined to confront me.  Woe be the disappointment that intrudes on my happiness.  I will banish it to the nether regions of another galaxy.  I may mourn as necessary and appropriate but I will move on.  Why linger when no benefit accrues?
I won’t stand for it.  Nor will I sit for it.  And neither should you my friends.  Catch my disease, become infected with happiness.  Smile when you want to frown.  Practice the wonders of life and the pleasures you may not feel worthy to accept will flow towards you and into you.
Here again we must talk about worthiness.  Where in this universe is worthiness defined?  Is it defined by those who create entitlement to the exclusion of others?  Self-aggrandizement; ever experience this from persons or groups who look down their nose at others they believe are not on par with them?  Right again, displaying entitlement like a badge of honor without regard for those who may be injured.  Let’s not talk about those who stare innocently wishing to be on the other side of the looking glass.  Honey life is about you and natural happiness.  It is not about contrived importance or manufactured happiness.
Rise above the squall and din / the sturm and drang.  Would you rather weather a storm from a safe distance or does stubbornness insist that you step into the storm’s path and allow it to buffet and batter you until you’ve been punished sufficiently to feel worthy of whatever paltry reward you might earn from such painful efforts?
Pain for pity’s sake is foolish and borders on a clinically diagnosable problem.  So get on with life.  Leave problems in your wake.  The more you practice the more adept you will be.  I promise it will work.  If you don’t believe me, you haven’t been paying attention to my life.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Love and hugs, Nikki DiCaro

No comments:

Post a Comment