Thursday, October 8, 2015

Fighting Off Personal Demons

Friday rolls into town and not a day too soon, huh?  We need the weekend; we live for the weekend.  Weekends should be longer than two days, right?
Let’s perform a reality check; do you welcome the weekend or do you dread it?  If you dread, I was there not so long ago.  Work was my drug of choice; it enabled me to stay mentally engaged so I would not lose the remaining tidbits of sanity that threatened to abandon me when I was alone with my thoughts.  Why? You ask.  I wasn’t particularly fond of myself; struggling with who I was and what I was.  When I was at work I had the power to make things happen, control the outcome and interface with many people who respected my business acumen and I theirs.
Devoid of professional distraction I did not do justice to my situation.  Before you postulate let me clarify that I did not know my situation.  I knew something was askew never surmising it was my gender identification. So you see I’m not much different from you.  I suffered the slings and arrows personally afflicted.  Being up close and personal with myself wasn’t pleasant.  In fact I dreaded myself for losing control when there was only me to manage.
Sounds strange that I could manage many millions of dollars, hundreds of employees and thousands of customers only to run aground on the shores of uncertainty.  Take heart I found myself, never a thought of checking out of his life – not one nanosecond!
Now that I’m home; yes at home in myself enjoying myself and basking in the glow of calm and peace.  It’s out there.  You may flail like I did until the horizon comes into focus and it reflects back the unexpected.  Smiles and positivity were buried in my soul probably sheltered from the onslaught of negativity until it was exhausted and slowly receded.
Here I sit e-penning my one hundred sixty-sixth blog over the past seven plus months.  The blog is the result of ultimate discovery and the outpouring of joy.  You can never have too much joy but with all of that energy comes responsibility to share with the less imbued.  Why?  Because the more hearty and altruistic girls who touched my life did more than touch me; they healed me with their unconditional love and support.  I feel the need, let’s not call it an obligation that would belittle the effort, to offer the same to those in are open to healing.
Heal yourself with the help of others.  It is possible.  I’m the poster child and I’m sure there are others in our group who will attest to this statement.
Have a wonderful weekend and be open to the support of others; we’re out there and willing to share.

Love and hugs, Nikki DiCaro

No comments:

Post a Comment