Monday, October 12, 2015

Approaching the Work Week

How many ways can you be motivated; interesting question, right?  Motivation is in the mind of the beholder, huh?  Spot on and timely; when isn’t motivation timely? 
“You’re in question mode girlfriend.  Is this reverse Jeopardy?”
No, I’m changing the delivery so you won’t become bored.  I don’t want my content to be stale, passé or yesterday’s news. 
You do what’s necessary to get you to the next stage of life.  Monday can be difficult and frustrating coming off a satisfying weekend.  I know the feeling, not painful but conspicuously close.  I get myself amped up for the beginning of the week.  Is there any reason to allow the sundown effect to cloud my ability to enjoy every moment of every day?  Time is a precious commodity that cannot be retrieved.
What do you do to defeat the sundown effect?
“Another question girl, really?”
How am I supposed to engage you if this is a monologue?  I can’t make it truly interactive but I can attempt to engage your thought process and hopefully encourage you to be an active participant in my daily deliveries.
For years I began to mourn the passing of another weekend.  Sails once stiff with tailwinds went limp.  Monday started on a low note requiring significant effort to engage.  That approach did no good and wasted the remaining hours of the day of rest.
“So how did you defeat the demon; or are you still in defensive mode?”
Conquest is mine.  My secret isn’t much of a secret.  I take time with friends into the evening on Sunday.  If that’s not possible I will be out and about.  Sensory depravation dulls the ability to deal.  I will food shop for the week beginning 7 p.m. and ensure I wander around the supermarket for at least and hour.  I never thought something as mundane as food shopping could be transformed into an event of significantly positive proportions.  This little exercise has worked wonders for yours truly.  I approach the workweek with renewed vigor and energy.  And in the process I take full advantage of the final waking hours of every Sunday.
It’s your turn to reveal what works for you.  Any tidbits of knowledge shared would help the readers to consider multiple options that have been proven successful.  Not every process works for every person but having a stable of options is always better than being limited or devoid.
As I bring another post to a close I ask if there are topics you would like me to expound upon?  I’m wide open.  Either send me a comment to this post or find me on Facebook.  I’m open to any possibility that is upbeat and appealing to the general public.

Love and hugs, Nikki DiCaro

No comments:

Post a Comment