Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Addendum to Are We Competing?

Reposted from my original Facebook post of Sunday past.

I don't normally post on Sunday. Today I am making an exception. I am not easily bothered by most of what I see and hear. This is one time dismissing was not an option. I wrote the post "Are We Competing?" to address what has been not inconspicuously surfacing in our community. I've detected an air of competition that is misguided and harmful. Transgenderism is not a competitive sport. There's no required timeline or any minimum deliverables or thresholds that must be met.
The girls in this group are at various stages and substages of development or they have reached a desired plateau and are enjoying their life. I don't call it transition because some don't have transition on their radar. That's their choice and oh by the way this is a free country and people have a right to choose their direction. Whatever your plan for your life, you should not have to worry about being measured or sized up. Please don't attempt to pigeonhole me or others. We are not stepping stones for others to tread upon in order to get ahead to achieve some imaginary goal at the expense of others.
Enjoy your life, free of judgmentalism.

Nikki Nicole DiCaro

No comments:

Post a Comment